1. What is feedback?
Feedback is your reputation on eBay. Each time you buy and sell successfully your trading partner can leave you feedback with a comment on how you conducted yourself during the transaction. Feedback is also the way you let other members know how you feel about your dealings with a particular member. Buyers can choose to leave sellers positive, neutral or negative feedback within 60 days of the transaction. Sellers can only leave buyers positive feedback.
Every eBay member has a feedback profile it includes a rating number in brackets, as well as comments from other members you've bought from and sold to.
2. Why is it important?
If you're a buyer, checking a seller's Feedback Profile before you make a bid is one of the smartest moves you can make. You can use feedback to help you trade safely on eBay by considering the following - Is the seller highly recommended by other buyers? Do they sell quality merchandise? How long have they been registered on eBay?
By leaving feedback, you as a buyer or seller will be exercising good business practices. You are encouraging the eBay community to grow and also you will earn positive testimonials yourself.
Note: If you are unsure of another members feedback you can send them an email with any questions.
3. How it works?
Whether you're placing a bid or you've successfully sold an item, reviewing your trading partner's feedback about previous conduct on eBay can give you a good idea of what to expect in the transaction.
The feedback rating system is easy. You receive:
- +1 point for each positive comment
- 0 points for each neutral comment
- -1 point for each negative comment
- A star icon for 10 or more comments
4. How to leave feedback?
- After you make a sale or purchase, remember to leave feedback for the eBay member you traded with. This helps everyone in the community know what it's like to deal with that member and impacts the success and behavior of other eBay members. New members can't leave feedback until they've been an eBay member for 5 days; this is intended to make eBay a fun and safe place to trade. eBay has introduced the following restrictions on when Feedback may be left: o Buyers must wait three days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback. o Buyers must wait seven days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for active sellers who have been registered for at least 12 months. o The period for buyers and sellers to leave Feedback has been reduced from 90 to 60 days after the transaction closes. ? Buyers must now complete a checklist of steps taken to resolve an issue before they can leave negative or neutral Feedback. This encourages communication with sellers.
- To see a list of all the sales and purchases you still need to leave feedback for, go to My eBay and follow the instructions to leave a positive, neutral or negative feedback comment.
- Always leave feedback within 60 days after the end of the listing. After 60 days, the item may be removed from eBay, and you'll no longer be able to leave feedback.